Friday, June 4, 2010

Losing it...





Okay, I am going on a limb here and posting some pictures of my "before". I am not sure what kind of weight loss regimen I am going to be doing, but I need to do something. I am going to be brutally honest.

Right now, I am 5'8" and I weigh 196. Wowza!!! Not what I thought I would ever be. I am totally embarrassed, but I know that I need to lose weight. Not only for vanity reasons (although it is playing a major roll), but for health reasons as well. I have a family history of heart disease, and diabetes. Both things I do NOT want to end up with.
I have 2 beautiful children and want another. I do not want to go down this path of gluttony anymore. I want to be around when they are married with their own children.
My goal is to lose 1-2 pounds a week until I reach 150. That is 46 pounds. At 2 pounds a week, that is 23 weeks. For easability lets just say by Thanksgiving, I will be at my target weight.
I will be doing a lot of research on diet and exercise that will work best for me. I majored in nutrition in college, so it should be fairly simple, but I just need some refreshers on things.
My first nutrition goal: Drink 90 oz. of water a day. More on water later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to add your input!